Helsinki Airport Photo
Photo Credit: SKYTRAXRATING
Helsinki Airport, also known as Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, is the main international airport serving Helsinki, the capital city of Finland. It is the largest airport in Finland and one of the busiest in the Nordic countries.
Here are some key details about Helsinki Airport:
- Location: Helsinki Airport is located in Vantaa, approximately 17 kilometers (11 miles) north of the Helsinki city center. It is well-connected to the city and surrounding areas through various transportation options.
- Terminals: The airport has two passenger terminals—Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. Terminal 1 primarily handles Schengen area flights (flights within the European Union), while Terminal 2 serves non-Schengen area flights (international flights outside the European Union).
- Facilities and Services: Helsinki Airport offers a wide range of facilities and services to enhance the passenger experience. These include numerous shops, boutiques, duty-free stores, restaurants, cafes, bars, currency exchange offices, ATMs, and car rental services. The airport also provides lounges, meeting rooms, and other amenities for business travelers.
- Airlines and Destinations: Helsinki Airport serves as a hub for Finnair, the national airline of Finland. It offers flights to numerous domestic and international destinations. The airport provides connections to cities across Europe, Asia, North America, the Middle East, and other parts of the world. Popular international destinations include Stockholm, Copenhagen, London, Amsterdam, Moscow, Beijing, Tokyo, and New York.
- Transportation: Helsinki Airport is well-connected to Helsinki city center and other parts of Finland through various transportation options. The airport has its own train station, located directly below the terminals, with frequent connections to Helsinki Central Station and other destinations. Additionally, there are taxis, rental cars, and public buses available for transportation to and from the airport.
- Expansion and Modernization: Helsinki Airport has undergone significant expansion and modernization in recent years to accommodate the growing number of passengers. This includes the construction of additional gates, expansion of terminal facilities, and improvements to infrastructure and services.
- Security and Customs: Helsinki Airport maintains security measures to ensure the safety of passengers. All travelers must go through security screening and customs procedures before boarding their flights.
To ensure a smooth travel experience, it is advisable to arrive at the airport with sufficient time before your departure, especially during peak travel periods, to allow for check-in, security checks, and potential queues.
Hotels Near Helsinki Airport Map View
Helsinki Airport (HEL Premium Lounge Entry and Airport Transfers