Photo Credit: Copenhagen Airport – Wikipedia
Copenhagen Airport, also known as Kastrup Airport, is the primary international airport serving Copenhagen, the capital city of Denmark. It is the largest airport in the Nordic countries and serves as a major transportation hub for both domestic and international flights.
Here are some key details about Copenhagen Airport:
- Location: Copenhagen Airport is located on the island of Amager, approximately 8 kilometers (5 miles) south of Copenhagen’s city center. It is situated near the town of Kastrup.
- Terminals: The airport has three passenger terminals—Terminal 2, Terminal 3, and Terminal 3S. Terminal 2 primarily handles international flights, Terminal 3 serves domestic and some international flights, and Terminal 3S is a smaller satellite terminal connected to Terminal 3.
- Facilities and Services: Copenhagen Airport offers a wide range of facilities and services to enhance the passenger experience. These include a variety of shops, boutiques, duty-free stores, restaurants, cafes, bars, currency exchange offices, ATMs, and car rental services. The airport also provides lounges, meeting rooms, and conference facilities for business travelers.
- Airlines and Destinations: The airport serves as a base for several major airlines and offers flights to numerous domestic and international destinations. It provides connections to cities across Europe, Asia, North America, the Middle East, and other parts of the world. Some popular international destinations include London, Amsterdam, Paris, New York, Dubai, and Singapore.
- Transportation: Copenhagen Airport is well-connected to the city center and other parts of Denmark through various transportation options. The airport has its own train station, located beneath Terminal 3, with frequent connections to Copenhagen Central Station and other destinations in Denmark. Additionally, there are taxis, rental cars, and public buses available for transportation to and from the airport.
- Expansion and Modernization: Copenhagen Airport has undergone significant expansion and modernization in recent years to accommodate the increasing number of passengers. This includes the construction of additional gates, expansion of terminal facilities, and improvement of infrastructure and amenities.
- Security and Customs: Copenhagen Airport maintains strict security measures to ensure the safety of passengers. All travelers must go through security screening and customs procedures before boarding their flights.
It’s advisable to arrive at the airport with ample time before your departure to allow for check-in, security checks, and potential queues, especially during peak travel periods.
Hotels Near Copenhagen Map View
Copenhagen (CPH) Premium Lounge Entry and Airport Transfers